The modern world is fast and furious and exciting. But along with this comes many stress-causing elements.
Here are some tips to help us deal with daily stress in our lives:
- Wake up a half hour earlier than normal each day. Spend this time for yourself. Put on soothing music and stretch. Clear your mind to start your day with a fresh attitude.
- Delegate some of your work. You don’t have to do everything yourself.
- Do something creative. Learn to express yourself through arts or crafts. I like to paint. I am not particularly good at it but when I am painting I am totally concentrated. There is no room in my mind for any stress.
- Get out of debt. Nothing causes more stress than those terrible collection calls. Even if it takes several years, put yourself on a plan and be patient. It will go away.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself. You’re only one person. You don’t have to take on the whole world.
- Don’t obsess about your weight. Losing or gaining pounds is best done a little at a time.
- Eat more fruits and vegetable to ease your digestive track.
- Adopt a pet. Studies have shown that pets help reduce stress. I have two very sweet cats that give me unconditional love.
- Read or listen to music before bed to clear away the day’s stresses.
- Exercise. Besides the obvious benefits of burning fat and calories, exercise can increase your energy and improve your mood.
- Learn to breathe. During the day we take many short breaths mixed in with the occasional long breath. This is natural and normal. But if you are feeling anxious, try to regulate your breathing. Start by counting as your breathe. Inhale to a count of four, let your breath hang for a moment, and then exhale to a count of four. Do this several times, and then increase the count to 6, then 8. This will help calm your nerves.