Why start the new year packing on the pounds? Try these delicious low-fat dips at your New Year’s bash.
Green Goddess Dressing and Dip
2 cups fresh basil or cilantro leaves
2 cups fresh parsley leaves
1 cup chopped scallions
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Enjoy with fresh cut veggies such as carrot sticks or cucumber slices or use as a salad dressing.
1/2 pound raw spinach, cooked and drained
1 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
5 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender to desired consistency. This also makes a great sauce for grilled chicken or pasta.
Recipes from weightwatchers.com
Posted in Casiraghi, crafts, etiquette, family, fashion, gifts, health, how to, life, lifestyle, theatre, women
Tagged holiday recipes, recipes
When I’m in a cookie-baking mood, my favorite recipe is Classic Spritz Cookies.
They are so easy and you can make many different kinds of cookies from this one recipe. The consistency is perfect for using a cookie press.
1 1/2 cups butter
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg, milk, vanilla and almond extracts, beat well.
- Sift together flour and baking powder and slowly add to the butter mixture, making a smooth dough.
- Using a cookie press, stamp various cookie shapes onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
- Cool on a wire rack. Yeild: 7-8 dozen small cookies.
This recipe is very versatile. Enjoy the cookies plain or try one of these variations:
- sprinkle with colored sugar
- press a candied cherry into the center
- sprinkle with chopped nuts
- dip ends into melted chocolate
- decorate with colored frosting
What are your favorite cookie recipes?